Teaching My Little Bookworm inspired me to go looking for a recipe for homemade recipe for puffy paint. I can't wait to try it!
What You Need:
For Each Color:
1 Cup of Flour
1 Cup of Salt
1 Cup of Water
Powdered Tempra Paint - Amount varies based on desired color
1 Squeeze Bottle for Each Color
Mixing Bowls and Spoons for Each Color
1. Mix the flour, salt, water, and tempera powder together in a bowl.
2. Stir until the mixture is thick and drips in thick, puffy drops from your spoon.
3. Pour or spoon paint into squeeze bottles.
4. Have students apply the puffy paint onto paper. When dry, the paint will remain puffy and will appear raised.
1. As students work, if the paint begins to separate in the bottles, shake the bottles to mix the paint again.
2. You may refrigerate the puffy paint for storage for a few days. Check it for spoilage before using. As always, do not allow children to put puffy paints in their mouths or around their faces. 3. Wash off hands promptly.