Monday, June 8, 2009


The Squishy Pickles welcome you! Quite a name, I know. I've been wanting to start a blog for the longest time, but I just couldn't come up with a name. The other night my son Dill Pickles and I were reading the book "Five Little Piggies" by David Martin and in the story little piggie was making roast beef and added some squishy pickles. Dill Pickles began laughing hysterically and I decided that The Squishy Pickles would make a wonderful blog name. I happen to love eating pickles as well.


I follow a lot of other blogs written by moms and they often have contests or or fun things to do, but you must post about it on your blog. I just didn't feel right posting it on my other blog. That blog is mainly for my family members so that they can see pictures of my boys Dill Pickles and Sweet Pickles. So instead I've created a blog just for that purpose. I'm sure they'll be other stuff here too.
Let me tell you a little about The Pickles Family. Mama Pickles stays home with her two wonderful little boys. Before these little joys entered my life I was a special education teacher for 8 years. Once Dill Pickles and Sweet Pickles are older and in school I'm thinking about returning to teaching myself. I miss it a lot, but I wouldn't trade my days at home with the boys for the world. Daddy Pickles is a fire fighter and a nurse. He's a busy guy. Dill Pickles is 2.8 years old and always on the move. Sweet Pickles will be 13 months in a few days and he is never more than a few steps away from his older brother.

That's it for now. Grab a jar of your favorite pickles and take a bite. I hope they're nice and crunchy. Or squishy if you prefer.

No comments: